Amazon ecommerce is not a single globalized store, rather is a collection of country and region specific storefronts. Each of those storefronts have their own separate affiliate programs as well. This means your Amazon.com associates ID is not earning you commissions in any country but the US.
Spreadr solves this problem to an extent via Geo-localize feature. It detects the location of your users and takes them to their country specific Amazon storefronts (eg: a UK visitor to amazon.co.uk and US visitor to amazon.com). It allows you to add every country's affiliate ID into the dashboard, then automatically appends the country/region specific affiliate ID for each link before sending the user on to their local storefront.
How it works?
- The first step we take, is detect the location (country) of the user.
- If the user is coming from the same country as your Amazon link, no localization is needed. The user is simply sent to the original link. Example, if the link was built using the US Amazon storefront, amazon.com, a user from the US would simply be directed to the original product listing in the Amazon US storefront.
- If the user is coming from another country, we check if the country has a native Amazon storefront:
- If a native Amazon storefront is found, we do a generic search within the destination storefront using product title and guide the user to search result page with the affiliate ID embedded in it.
- If native Amazon storefront is not found, we send the user to the original product link. We will soon be introducing country grouping, wherein countries with no Amazon storefront will be redirected to the nearest / most relevant Amazon storefront. Example a user from Austria will be redirected to Amazon Germany.
This allows you not only ensure a better user experience, but also receive all of your international affiliate commissions.
Geo-localize is only available for pro plan account users and above.
Note: This feature is provided on best effort basis – while most of the times, this service should be able to detect the visitor country and redirect them to the right local store, it may not work all the time. We expect the accuracy to be more than 97%, but there is a small chance that the visitor redirect may not happen as expected.
You can see Geo-localize in action on our demo site here.